Blogging is a chance for you to proactively answer questions people may have about your business.
Articles and statistics selling you on the benefits of blogging are everywhere. If you are reading this post, you probably think you should be blogging. I like to tell people that blogging is a chance for you to proactively answer questions people may have about your business. If you often run into the situation where you start to talk about your business and people have loads of questions – that’s a good indicator that you should be blogging.
If you still aren’t sure blogging is right for you, let’s start with a few statistics.
- Nearly 40% of US companies use blogs for marketing purposes.
- 82% of marketers who blog daily acquired a customer using their blog, as opposed to 57% of marketers who blog monthly — which, by itself, is still an impressive result.
- 79% of companies that have a blog report a positive ROI for inbound marketing in 2015
- 77% of Internet users regularly read blog posts
Blogging influences 6% of eCommerce sales – 12% for businesses that blog regularly
- Publishing 16 posts/mo gets 4.5x more leads than those that publish 4 posts
- 60% of people purchase a product after originally reading a blog post about it
- Once you publish 21-54 blog posts, your traffic can increase by as much as 30%
- Blog posts are 3.5x more likely to get shared on social media by email subscribers
A blog post doesn’t need to be a full essay like you wrote in high school English class. It can just be a quick check-in to answer a question you get frequently, or to talk about a new product or service you offer. It’s a great way to engage with your clients in a more informative way than a quick social media post, or even an email.
Know that you SHOULD have a blog, and still can’t figure out what to write, or just want someone to do it for you? Schedule a call!